Saturday, June 15, 2013

Portrait Playing

I have been working hard on one section of the rooster quilt and making good progress, albeit, not without some do overs!  I decided to take a break from it yesterday and go play with my friend Carolyn.  She had already made a pattern and gathered fabric to do a portrait of her daughter and son-in-law at their traditional Indian ceremony.

I told Carolyn that I would spend a day playing with her on this project.  I must admit, I have only done a couple of portrait quilts, but I have done a lot of research and looking at what other fiber artists have done.  When I got to Carolyns' she had a table full of fabric, fibers and what ever else she had gathered ready to go.  We played, laughed, and learned together!  It took us about five hours, but when I left, Carolyn had the beginnings of her quilt.  Below is the original photograph and the face/head of Kristen, Carolyns' daughter.  This makes me want to do some portraits of my grandchildren again!  Thanks for letting me play Carolyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment