Friday, May 24, 2013

Deke

I have been working hard today creating my last chicken.  He told me that his name was to be Deke.  Deke was created from another photo of a rooster which I took in the Spring of 2012.  I began with a base of 809 Pellon, added fabric, and then began creating the individual feather sections.  I need to complete the tail section, feet and head and he will be good to go!  I have used felting, silk hankies, fishing Dub, real feathers, netting, snippets, mono- printed fabric and velvet to create him to this point. Another positive experience.




The original photo
The beginning of Deke