Saturday, May 7, 2011

My New Best Friend!



I am superexcited today, as I just purchased a new Janome 7700 Horizon for a great price at Eddie's Quilting Bee (http://www.eddiesquiltingbee.com/)  I have been salivating over this machine since it's release in the spring of 2010.  The sewing machine tech who usually services my machine for me in Klamath Falls, Jeremy Franklin (http://www.wildernessperspectives.com/  )  told me last May that I would probably need a new machine in the not to distant future.  I have had my Viking Designer 1 for over ten years and parts were just wearing down!  It has been a great machine, but I didn't need all the bells and whistles this time around because I primarily do art quilting and don't use all the additional features which come with the top of the line machines.  If any of you follow Leah Day's 365 Days of Free Motion Quilting website (http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/ ), she has used the Horizon for the last year and for the most part has only good things to say about the machine.  I have also read reviews by others who have the machine, and for the purposes for which I will use it, it seems like the best machine for me at a great price.  My Viking will be gifted to my oldest daughter Carly (unfortunately, there is limited space in my motorhome)  and hopefully the quilting muse will someday speak to her spirit.  In the mean time, I am sure that she will put it to good use making things for her home.  What a blessing this is and I am truly thankful for it!

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo!!!!
    I am wanting one too... be sure to post what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete